Gluten Free Apple Cider Donuts
Every fall brings the smell of fresh apple cider donuts being sold at the local the pumpkin patch or apple orchard. For those that eat gluten free, its a tough replacement to find, but with this super easy recipe, you can have fresh delicious fall donuts in no time.
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ cup softened butter
1 Tbsp. corn syrup
2 cups warm apple cider (98°)
1. Add contents of Abundant Life Foods Doughnut Baking Mix bag to mixing bowl
2. Add 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ cup softened butter, 1 Tbsp. corn syrup & 16 oz. (2 cups) warm apple cider (98°).
3. Mix on medium speed until incorporated (about 1 to 2 minute).
4.Dust work surface with Rice Flour (included with mix).
5. Place dough onto work surface and pat down with hands, dust top of dough with Rice Flour.
6. Roll out dough until approximately ¼" thick.
7. Cut into doughnuts using a doughnut cutter. 8. Let doughnuts proof for 1 hour in a warm area.
9. Heat oil in a large deep skillet to 375°F. Fry doughnuts in the hot oil until golden brown, turning over 1 time.
10. Drain on paper towels.
11. Dust with cinnamon sugar or sugar while they are still warm. Serve warm.
- Becky Merryman