Dinner: Homemade Pizza – Use Abundant Life Foods pizza crust mix and top with your favorite pizza toppings. *Be sure to use a gluten free pizza sauce.
Dessert: Chocolate Cake – Use the delicious Abundant Life Foods cake mix and top with gluten free frosting.
Lunch: Chili (see recipe below) with Corn Muffins– ALF Corn Muffins topped with honey and butter is a perfect combination with a bowl of chili.
Dinner: Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole (see recipe below) with a side salad.
Dessert: Apple Crisp.
Breakfast/ Brunch: Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, and Bacon* (be sure to buy gluten free bacon). Oh, the options you have with pancake mix! ALF offers five tasty varieties of pancake mix. Our pancake mix is a favorite among food-service and universities across the country.
Dinner: Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork (see recipe below) with a side of roasted vegetables, potatoes, and Dinner Rolls. The ALF dinner roll mix is one of the newest products launched.
Dessert: Homemade pie made with ALF Pie Crust.
Gluten Free Turkey chili
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large red onion, chopped
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
2 lbs ground turkey
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 small cans diced tomatoes
1 small can pinto beans (drained)
1 small can black beans (drained)
1 small can kidney beans (drained)
1/2 cup brown sugar
Heat oil in 10 quart pot. Sauté onions and peppers until soft. Add turkey and cook completely. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes!
Gluten Free Chili
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
3 stacks of celery
½ cup green pepper
2 tablespoon chili powder (gluten free)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can(14.5 oz) tomato sauce
1 can spicy V8
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 to 16 oz) red kidney beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
- Peel and chop the onion, Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked.
- In the beef mixture, add in the celery, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper sauce and tomatoes, tomatoes sauce, and V8.
- Heat the mixture to boiling over high heat. Once mixture is boiling, reduce heat just enough so mixture bubbles gently. Cover with lid; cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beans with their liquid. Heat to boiling over high heat. Once mixture is boiling, reduce heat just enough so mixture bubbles gently. Cook uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Butter to coat bottom of the baking dish
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced into pieces
Salt and Pepper
1 medium head broccoli, cut into small florets
2 cups cooked white rice
One bag of ALF Cream of Chicken Vegetable Soup Mix
1 cup sour cream*
1/2 cup mayonnaise *
1 tablespoon lemon juice
10 ounces Cheddar cjeese, grated (about 2 1/2 cups) 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
*to ensure no cross contamination from gluten, be sure to use a unopened package of sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-x 13- baking dish with butter.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, add Broccoli and boil until crisp tender, about 2-3 minute
- Make the Cream of chicken soup in pot. Follow direction on package.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked chicken, broccoli, soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sour cream and cheddar cheese. Mix until combined. Pour into 9×13 pan and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
Gluten Free Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (I just used minced garlic)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
*Cook in crock pot
- Mix together the seasonings: sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over the tenderloin
- Place 1/2 cup water in slow cooker, followed by the tenderloin and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 1 hour before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan: brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water and soy sauce.
- Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze 2-3 times during the last hour of cooking.
- Serve with remaining glaze on the side.