Gluten Free Honey Lime Ginger Pork with Corn Muffins
Honey Lime Ginger Pork with Corn Muffins
- Abundant Life Foods Gluten Free Corn Muffin Mix
- Add 2 large eggs
- Add ¼ cup (2oz.) vegetable oil
- Add ½ (4oz.) water
- 2 to 2.5 pounds pork loin
- 1-2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Honey Lime Ginger Marinade:
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free Worcestershire Sauce
- Juice of one lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger or 1 Tablespoon shredded fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Optional garnish: chopped cilantro
- Follow directions on Corn bread mix and bake.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper and sear each side of pork in hot oil. Cook until browned. Place pork into slow cooker.
- To make the sauce: Using a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, juice of one lime, garlic cloves, and ginger. Pour the marinade over the pork. Let cook 6-8 hours on low and 4-6 hours on high. Using a meat thermometer, make sure the pork reaches 160 degrees.
- Once the pork is cooked, lay on platter. Pour the leftover juices in the crock pot into a medium saucepan. Cook the marinade over medium high heat and whisk in the cornstarch continuously. Cook until it starts to thicken. Pour over the pork. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy.
- Becky Merryman